If you have been involved in an automobile accident:
• First call the police and have a proper police report filled out.
• Then, call your insurance company to find out if you have a MedPay coverage. If the answer is yes; set up a claim.
• MedPay coverage covers your medical bills and the medical bills of the passengers of your car, whether your are at fault or not. If you do not have MedPay do not worry we will explain to you what we will do.
• Finally call the Swiss Spine Clinic in order to have Dr. Gugerli perform a physical examination to help you decide if you need care. Dr. Gugerli specializes in traumatology and can help you further investigate your health or refer you to someone who can.
Automobile accident facts:
Always remember the following facts about Whiplash injuries:
• Most injuries occur at speeds below 12 MPH
• Most vehicles sustain no or minimum structural damage
• 50% of vehicles involved in low speed rear impact collisions sustain no damage
• There is no correlation between vehicle damage and severity of injury