Dr. Thomas H. Gugerli received his Bachelor in Science Degree in 1985 in Switzerland, followed by his First Medical Propedeutics 1987. He received his Doctorate of Chiropractic Degree from NWCC in Minnesota 1991 and Swiss Chiropractic Physician Degree in 1995.
He is a fellow of the Applied Spinal Biomechanical Engineering (FASBE) 1991.
• United States National Board Certified (1991 and 2009)
• Swiss Board certified (1995),
• State Board certified in Minnesota (1991), Pennsylvania (1991) and North Carolina (2009).
In addition to attending numerous postgraduate seminars, Dr Gugerli has worked at different clinics around the world:
• Confer Clinic of Chiropractic, 1992-1993, in Uniontown, PA
• Institute of Dr Claude Illi for the Study of the Static and the Dynamic of the Human Body, in Geneva, Switzerland 1993-2000.
• He owned a multidisciplinary practice in Rolle, Switzerland from 2000-2012.
Dr Gugerli has held the following positions:
• President of his State Association (Canton de Vaud), 2001-2004
• Vice-president of the Swiss Chiropractic Association, (National Association) 2003-2009
Dr. Gugerli has attended numerous postgraduate seminars in the following fields
Spinal biomechanics, orthopedics, whiplash and car accident traumatology, pediatric, pregnancy care, geriatrics, sports injuries, nutrition, stomatology. This enables him to treat a very large panel of patients: from babies just a few days old to seniors, from construction workers, farmers to top level athletes.
By relocating to Cary, Dr. Gugerli was able to bring with him his experience, the Swiss Approach to Healthcare.
In addition, the Swiss Spine Clinic’s biggest strength is that Dr. Gugerli truly cares for his patients. In the past 25 years, he has worked hand in hand with many different healthcare professionals in order for his patients to receive the best care possible. He has worked with specialists in the following fields: Family physicians, orthopedics, neurology, neurosurgery, rheumatology, general surgery, pediatrics, dentistry, ortho-dentistry, psychiatry, psychology, physical therapy, osteopathy, acupuncture and podiatry.